Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

From the Longarm Coordinator


Hello Everyone,


Isn't summer wonderful?! I hope you're enjoying the lazy (yeah, right!) days of summer with family and friends as we are in the Central Valley of California. I know that remembering to take a minute to sit down at the computer and send me a quick note if you're heading out on vacation may not seem like a priority but it really helps to keep the wheels of Quilts of Valor moving along smoothly if you can do so.


You are the few, the proud and the elite quilters of Quilts of Valor.  


I hear quite often just how special you are, and I'd like to share one of the compliments I recently received. Ann B. in California had this to say about Colleen C's work:

"Thank you for the professional quilting on my flimsies that you turned into three QOVF gifts.  The amazing thing is that in addition to being beautiful and well done, you jumped right in and stayed with the job until it was finished. I don't think I've ever seen such a fast turnaround regardless of the number of flimsies long armers have accepted.  I can't get you a raise but I'm sure you're scoring points with Judie! And a lot of people will appreciate your work."


How great is that?  Thanks, Colleen, for the excellent workmanship.

For the first time since I've been doing this job we have a waiting list of quilt tops ready to go with no longarmers available to quilt them. This means there are deserving men and women who could have a quilt who won't get one this month. PLEASE, if you can spare a little time to quilt these, let me know you're available!


Judie Y
Longarm/Topper Coordinator
www.qovf.org 


If you are interested in helping - head over to http://qovf.org  On the left hand side there is a list - click on Volunteer to LongArm and Judie will be in touch with you - you are so appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment