FINAL Summary of QOVF 2019 National Sew Day in in!
The final summary is in! We are well on our way toward 300,000 service members and veterans being awarded a Quilt of Valor—one quilt and one recipient at a time—thanks to YOU!
You also ‘counted what counts’ and here is the final summary
- Over 4,100 of you—more than double of last year—volunteered to sew, quilt (longarm or machine quilt), cut, press, and beyond!
- About 3,000 represent almost one-third of the current QOVF membership
- About 1,000 represent first-time volunteers
- You represented the entire United States as well as Australia and Canada
- The final ‘counts’ reported as of February 19:
- Tops: 617.5
- Quilts: 276
- QOVF Block Drive Blocks (Floating Ohio Star): 3,853
- Other Blocks: 4,179
In just one day, you created about 1,297 comforting and healing Quilts of Valor for America’s finest service members and veterans.
Click Here for inspiring and fun comments from NSD participants; the list of prize winners; and our sew day supporters that provided almost $5,000.00 in prizes.
Contact Special Events Coordinator at events@QOVF.org for more information.