Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Because of them - Freedom Rings in this 236th Year of Celebration

Here is a picture thought y'all might like.  We have been flying a lot of
missions lately, mostly US soldiers.  We had 25 quilts come in the other
day, so after our night of flying all night, some of the flight medics and I
went over to the Bagram hospital to give the quilts to the medical staff.
They are ensuring that the quilts go with the soldiers that we bring in on
their way to Germany and back to the US.  I honestly could not look up the
names of all the people who sent quilts in order to thank them properly.  If
possible, please let all the QOVF volunteers around the country know that
their volunteer work is much appreciated over here.  Everytime I go into the
ER or ICU coming from the frontline, it hits me and reminds me what my crew
is doing out on the lines.  I am thankful to work with the crew I have and
have experienced the upmost professionalism I have seen in my life.

I hope to have a good point of contact in the next couple of weeks when our
replacements arrive.  Less than a month for us and it feels good to pack.

Hope all is well back in the States and y'all have a nice 4th of July.

Very Respectfully,

Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment