Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Happy Holidays from Lori Kutch




Dear Quilts of Valor Community

Hard to believe another year has come and gone and the Holiday season is upon us. I am happy to share that life has been good to me and my family this year. My daughter graduated from nursing school and landed a full time job! Her future is bright. She is on her own and building a new life for herself and her children. My husband and I are doing the dance of joy and enjoying our once again empty nest and a bit more flexibility and free time.

It is my wish for you and yours to have all the warmth and blessings this season has to offer and may you have a bright and happy new year.

My gift is one of my Grandmother’s favorite cookie recipes.

Grandma D’s Molasses Oatmeal Cookie

            1 ¼  cup sugar
½ cup melted shortening
2                   2 eggs
6                   6 Tbls. Molasses
1                   1¾ cup sifted flour
       2 cups quick cooking oats
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup raisins
½ cup chopped nuts

Mix all ingredients together. Drop by teaspoonful on a cookie sheet sprayed with non stick cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.

Happy Holidays

Lori Kutch
Deputy Director



No comments:

Post a Comment