Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Article From September's Newsletter - Reg. 3 Thank You's

Read more at http://www.qovf.org/Pdf_Files/2011/september.11.newsletter.pdf

Region 3 Reminds us why we make QOV’s
Whether you receive an actual Thank You note or not, your QOV makes a difference! These thank you’s were collected and shared by Sheila Gaub, Region 3, Wyoming/Montana.

Just four short years ago we “jumped on the wagon” to help cover our warriors with the comfort of quilts. We have been able to cover 201 from the state of Montana, and word has just been received that a group of quilters from Wyoming just finished 38 quilts - they are really stitching up a storm.

I would like to share some of the “thank you” notes we have received:


From a mother who was privileged to deliver a QOV to her son: “I was able to hand deliver the quilt. He was very appreciative of it. He and his wife were amazed at all the detail there is. It was fun to be there to give it to him and to spend time with him and his family. Thanks again.” E. A.


“Hello, my name is J. M. I was wounded by a half dozen grenades in Afghanistan on Sept. 29th (2010). During the course of my movement back to the states I received a quilt made by your chapter. This quilt didn’t get framed or displayed on a wall. Your quilt kept me warm. Your quilt was used. Since I have returned home, your quilt is kept in a cabinet with other blankets where my family uses it nearly every night . . . for snuggling. Thank you for such a warm addition to my home and my heart. J, B & P M.”

“Dear Quilts of Valor: I’m sending back this post card to tell you how much I appreciate the things you do. I was recently injured in Iraq and medevac’d to Germany where I received your quilt. Having the ramp drop off the plane, and being introduced to Germany’s 50 degree cold and rainy mornings, I was freezing. A lot different than the 130 degrees I’ve been used to. Your quilt gave me warmth and comfort in an extremely cold and stressful time in my life. Thank you? Love, J. B.”


“Thank you for your dedication to assisting others in matters large and small. We all serve in many ways and by a variety of means, applying our own insights to the needs of others. Thank you for the love and care that you and your team put into the Quilts of Valor. Yesterday, I received the quilt you sent and it’s beautiful. It reminds me of many things – but most of all the sense of support by people that care. Thank you! Warmest Regards – Dave”


From Landstuhl Regional Medical Center:

“To all those who have been sending gifts to our wounded warriors:

I am writing to thank you for supporting America’s sons and daughters who are making hard sacrifices for our precious freedom. Your donations provide both comfort and encouragement for the Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines, and their family members that come to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center and Ramstein Air Force Base. Your generosity makes it possible for us to assist these wounded warriors and their families...and your gifts enhance the holistic healthcare we provide for all those who proudly perform their sacred duty.

What you have given blesses these precious men and women. I want to thank you for your caring and compassionate service to all those who serve their country so well.

Blessings and peace, Chaplain M., Wounded Warrior Ministry Center”


Email message from CPT B.:

“I work in Germany at Landstuhl ICU. Chaplain G. was so kind to donate some beautiful quilts to our wounded soldiers from your organization and I just wanted to say thank you and to all the wonderful people supporting our troops!! I am the QOV representative for the Intensive Care Unit. This is such a wonderful thing that you and the organization do and all of the soldiers are so appreciative and feel such gratitude. God Bless you and yours for what you do.”


“It is with my most sincere feelings of gratitude that I thank you and the members of the Quilts of Valor – Montana Chapter for the beautiful quilt. This gift is such a blessing and I will never forget what you have done for me. I pray that God will bless you abundantly and I hope I will have the opportunity to thank you face to face. Take care and God bless. Sincerely, MH”


“Just wanted to let you know the quilts are coming in. They are so beautiful, and the care & love that goes into each one is evident to any who see them.” (Message from a Chaplain’s Assistant at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany)


“Hey! I just wanted to say thank you for the quilt. It is very pretty & comfortable. I appreciate everything.” Sincerely – Stephanie


Via email: “Hello, my name is James and I am a Senior Chief Petty Officer Navy SEAL who was injured. On the night of July 9th I was shot in a gunfight with Taliban forces in Afghanistan. During my medevac, I received a quilt made by the Sheridan, MT Chapter of your organization. Last night I arrived home after 9 surgeries and a few weeks at the National Naval Medical Center Bethesda. I sleep with that quilt every night. I love it. The hands that made that quilt must be magic. Thanks to your organization and to the hands that put my quilt together for me. Here is a photo of me and my quilt. Again, thank you!”


“Thank you for the beautiful quilt. I will cherish it forever. Your gifts and card do mean a lot to all of us soldiers. I enjoy travel so who knows when I will come through Montana.” – PFC


“Our son was injured in Afghanistan on June 24th from an IED blast. He was flown to the military hospital in Germany and then transferred to Bethesda. He had lost both legs and suffered severe abdominal injuries and on July 10th he died from a very aggressive infection. We were able to be with him in Germany and in Maryland. While we were in Germany, Matt was given a beautiful quilt that was made by your group. We want to thank you for the beautiful quilt which we will treasure.” Sincerely – Matt’s parents


“Thank you for the quilt. It is very nice. I went to the Germany Hospital and picked it up. I am in the Army but I am a former Marine. So I really enjoy it. It is on my bed and use it every night. Thank you for supporting the troops. Thank you! 1SG A. D.”


“Thank you for the beautiful Quilt. It’s very comfortable. I appreciate what you are doing for me and the other wounded soldiers out there. It is nice to see there are people like you out supporting our Soldiers.”


“Thank you for the wonderful things you do!! I used your blanket when I was medevac’d to Germany. -- SGT S.”


“I would like to say thank you. Our Special Forces team had six Green Berets injured in an attack and we were given these quilts. They mean a whole lot to us and we appreciate it a whole lot. Thank you for thinking about us. Thank you so much. – A.


“Dear Quilters: We are medics here at Ramstein AFB in Germany and see many patients with your quilts on a daily basis. They look forward to heading home and sharing your loving gift. It means so much to know that they are receiving a gift of warmth from someone they’ve never met. Many thank from us, our troops and their families. – SSGT K. V. and SSGT E. T.”


Yes, Quilters, this is the reason we are still stitching. Keep up the wonderful work!

No comments:

Post a Comment