Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Thank you's

I just wanted to say a sincere "thank you" for my QOV quilt I received in Landstuhl, Germany after having surgery to repair my tibia, which had been fractured in Afghanistan. I will keep this beautiful quilt close-by for the rest of my life. Thanks to Kay & Elaine of Highland, CA for piecing and quilting it.

Gabe

*****

Following is a note received from the daughter of a Vietnam Veteran. We presented her father with his QOV. He has recently been diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease.
The family had gotten together to meet with medical personnel, hospice and social workers. They had a family dinner and ask if I would present him a quilt following the dinner. I was late, thus my comment -

Sharon Ledbetter
Lewis-Clark QOV
RC3 Idaho

Sharon,

Thank you for the time you took to run right over. He was so proud and so surprised it was very heart warming to all of us.

He was not aware you were keeping him waiting at all, so please forgive yourself. As soon as I get one of the pictures I will be happy to share.

Again thank you so very much for all you do. You are truly an inspiration to all of us. He hasn't quit talking about his surprise and how proud he is.

*****

Subject : donated quilt
Message :
My son recieved one of the quilts when he was in walter reed in 2006 and was wanting to find who made it and thank them and let them know his 3 year old daughter now snuggles under it, And says this is daddys when he was hurt bad..

No comments:

Post a Comment