Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Hello Idaho



My name is Sharon Ledbetter and I am the new Region 3 Coordinator for Idaho. I have spent the past 4 years spreading "the word" as the coordinator for the Lewis-Clark Quilts of Valor group. I would love to share some of the lessons learned over these past 4 years.

Lewiston, Id and Clarkston, Wa are on opposite sides of the Snake River. We work together as one community. Even our Chamber of Commerce is combined into one.
Our group is now in the thick of making 2,400 blocks for a 200 quilt challenge. We come together on May 21, Armed Forces Day, to stitch the blocks together. We will end our sewing day with presentation of 16 Quilts of Valor. Each quilt is personally labeled for the recipient. We chose to honor 16 local Vietnam Veterans at this sew in. I will have an update for you with the June newsletter.

Please feel free to email me with any questions, or if I can help you get started in your own community. National service is comforting and healing. Won't you join me in the effort to cover those men and women "Touched By War"?

No comments:

Post a Comment