Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

QOVF News from the Gulf Coast



The Gulf Coast Regional Mustang Club gave me a generous 20 ft space at their annual car show at the Pensacola Fairgrounds the end of March. It was a well-attended three day event and many people stopped to look at the quilts, read the informational posters and write short messages of appreciation that I could include in care packages I was sending to some Marines and a local National Guard MP Company. 117 letters!
On Saturday, a young man stopped to tell me that he had received a QOV while at the hospital in Germany and how much it meant to him. Those are the stories that keep us 'keepin on' with our quilting efforts!
Attached photo shows two of my QOVs (USMC and USN) on display. The waving hands belong to my 12-year old granddaughter Chrissy who was a big help keeping the display organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment