Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

A NOT Forgotten Warrior

We received an email from a very grateful vet who received a QOV.  His sister put his name in after learning that we also give to veterans of prior wars.

The Letter:

I am overwhelmed with gratitude for all of your arduous efforts in creating this one-of-a-kind Quilt of Valor for my time in RVN 1970-1971. When I showed this amazing artwork to my family I cried tears that have been pent up in me for over 44 years. It was truly disgusting the way we were all treated upon our return to our homeland from serving in VietNam. It always has been a sore spot in my heart for this abuse ever since... Even my friends that I went to college with would not thank me and did not want to hear anything about my trials and tribulations. I could not even display my decorations without my contemporaries thinking I was a war monger. I am the recipient of two Distinguished Flying Crosses, Eighteen Air Medals and one with a V Device, a Bronze Star, Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry. Now that was a true shame. I now have them posted in my living room along with all my other decorations and awards. I served a total of 34.5 years in the Army and retired in July 30,  2005. 

You all have won my heart with this gift. I will cherish it for the remainder of my life and it will be an heirloom to give to my children in remembrance for my combat service in the forgotten war. I have attached some memoirs below from General VoNguyen Giap that really explains the reason for the selfish and media-cultural study of our society of the 60s and 70s. Again, thanks for your love and thoughts in every signed panel. You all are truly amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment