Pages

Monday, December 23, 2013

Just In Time for the Holidays!

A NOTE FROM ONE OF OUR VOLUNTEERS!

Last Sunday there was a long article about a soldier who was seriously injured in Afghanistan and lost 4 of his buddies at the same time.  His story, treatment, and slow recovery was documented in a long story in the Tacoma paper.  I was drawn to the story and wondered if he had received a QOV.  I emailed the writer of the story and he got back to me immediately and said that he would contact the soldier and find out.  

On Thursday, I got an email from the wife saying that David had not received a QOV and he would love to receive one.  So, we met them at a McDonalds in Lakewood and gave them my last finished QOV.  I really felt moved to see if this was possible, but I never dreamed it would happen so quickly.  

Now I will have to get started on a couple more QOV’s because it is so nice to have a finished one on hand when the need arises.

Merry Christmas. 
Linda 

No comments:

Post a Comment