Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

2 WWII Vets are given QOVs


I have been making QOVs for about 6 years and my sister joined me about 2 years ago. We often send them to the hospitals you designate, but this year we had 2 quilts ready the first part of November, and I checked with a local Nursing Home. They just happened to have 2 WWII veterans living there, so my sister and I asked if it would be ok to award these gentlemen with the quilts on Veterans Day. The men and their families were very pleased with the quilts and so appreciative of the gesture. The gentleman in the wheelchair couldn't stop smiling and his wife said he had not smiled that much in weeks. The other gentleman kept saying how much he loved the quilt. It was very gratifying to give these quilts to someone local this time and I hope to be able to do that again next year. We will still be making QOVs to send to the military hospitals also.

Rhonda Harrell Alma Michigan
Jolene Austin - Holt Michigan

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. The quilts are lovely. YOu surely made these gentlemens day!

    ReplyDelete