Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Showing Our Colors in OK!









L-R: Delores, Mary Beth, Mary Anne, Pat, Linda, Norlene.

Hi June,

Here's some info on our group's activity this weekend:

Seven members of the NE Oklahoma Quilts of Valor group sewed blocks, put top kits together, and finished one quilt top, while working in a booth at the "Autumn Leaves" Quilt Show, hosted by Country Fare Quilters Guild in Claremore Oklahoma.

Along with all the sewing, our group collected several hundred signature blocks, and helped spread the word about Quilts of Valor.

It was even extra special for me, because I was celebrating my 50th birthday surrounded by my quilting friends and beautiful quilts!

(I am attaching a picture of some of the ladies, holding the completed quilt top. L-R: Delores, Mary Beth, Mary Anne, Pat, Linda, Norlene. More pictures to follow in other emails )

Le Ann Weaver
Persimmon Quilts
www.persimmonquilts.com
Look for my new book, "More Loose Change" in bookstores now!

Director - NE Oklahoma Quilts of Valor

No comments:

Post a Comment