Pages

Friday, October 3, 2014

Keep Up The Great Job

A Letter to the Director...


Good Morning Susan

I so enjoyed reading your new Mission and Core Values.  Your distribution intent touched my heart and was the very reason that I personally got invoked with QOV.  My step-son, Major Ryan Burke has been deployed 5 times to the mid-East.  He just returned from Kuwait in July.  During this deployment I contacted him to see if he knew of a service man or woman that he personally knew that would like one of my quilts.  I might add, I was planning on donating one quilt.  His response to me was that any one of his 150 troops deployed with his would love a quilt.  I went a few steps beyond my initial intent by distributing 150 quilts at the troops Welcome Home ceremony.  It was indeed a heart warming moment when I got to personally witness the gratitude and surprise these well deserving service men and women expressed as they chose which quilt they took home with them.  I have personally witnessed how the war has affected my step son and his family in way too many ways. Every single one of those serving today will be emotionally if not also physically affected.  My token of appreciation with this act of love thru my stitches could never repay my appreciation for all they have given to each of us.

I would also like to add that your Colorado Coordinator, Alycia Carmin was unbelievably awesome.  She knew the hoops to jump thru and made the entire distribution totally possible.  She is soooooooooooooo dedicated and committed to the cause by driving to FT Carson, 2 hours from her home, 2-4 times a week.  Alycia deserves a volunteer service award if QOV awards them.  Without her, my personal mission would never have been accomplished.

I'm so proud to be a part of such a magnificent and focused group.  I plan to continue making quilts for the cause as well as donating my service to long-arm quilt donated quilts.  Keep up and great job.  I appreciate all your hard work.

Thanks
Cindy

1 comment:

  1. Great letter, Cindy and what a contribution!! I too love being part of this organization and it is beautifully run!! Thank you, Susan and all those that work with you and those that support this amazing journey of love!!

    ReplyDelete