Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Cub Scouts Present QOV


Good evening Catherine and June,

I wanted to pass along a QOV presentation from today. My 7 yr old son's cub scout den presented a QOV to a Viet Nam era veteran of the USMC. He received both physical and psychological wounds from his time on the front lines and struggled for most of the years that I have known him with the psychological wounds and is a Purple Heart recipient.

There are a total of 9 boys in the den and each of them helped make the QOV, starting with their bright drawings that became the star centers. They were a part of each step with much critique and praise for the way it took shape.

Fran Perdue was my longarm quilter and she once again did an amazing and beautiful job on the quilt.

Thanks again for a wonderful organization and I'm glad to be a part of it.

Jennifer Schaud

1 comment:

  1. wow! what a great way to start my monday - seeing my QOV posted here. i'll have to show my son; he'll be even more thrilled to see this. thanks QOVF!

    ReplyDelete